Captain Jay's Marine Services, LLC is a family owned and operated marine survey and vessel management business. As the owner, I take pride in all aspects of services provided and we do it with honesty and integrity.
At Captain Jay's Marine Services we provide the following services:
* Licensed Boat Captain- 30 + years on the water. 100 Ton Master's License.
* Marine Surveyor from an accredited school -Navtech USSA ( New Jersey and South East Florida) Utilize the InspectX Report System approved by all banks and insurance companies.
* Boat Deliveries- exceptional knowledge of waterways/marinas between New Jersey and South East Florida/Bahamas.
* Dock repairs and rebuilding.
* All vessel management from boat (interior/exterior) and engine room repairs, referrals, washes/waxing, non-skid and teak to repairs.
* Vessel Training- I will teach you how to care for, drive and dock your boat.
* Fishing Training - I will teach you how to fish the waterways from New Jersey to Florida/Bahamas.
* Captain for the Day- Let me do all the work while you enjoy fishing or relaxing on your own vessel.
When experience matters, we are the business for you.
Canyon Runner- Family Chartering Business
- Charter business located in Point Pleasant, New Jersey
- Learned all aspects of fishing, tournament fishing
- Learned how to run a vessel management company
March 1992 - Present
Captain Jay’s Marine Services- Owner
- Master Marine Surveyor/ 100 ton Master Near Coastal Merchant Marine Credential
- Washing, compounding and waxing
- Teak restoration: cleaning, sanding, oiling and varnish
- Fiberglass repairs, AWLGRIP, Non Skid
- Boat Deliveries
- Navigation equipment installation: GPS, VHF radio, Transducers, Nav lights, Deck lights, Underwater lights
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Private boat captain for boats/yachts up to 72 ft ( Viking, Bertram, Sunseeker, Hatteras, Nortech)
- All vessel management -from anchors to zincs
- Fishing from New England to the Bahamas
- Vessel training
- Dock repairs
July 2017 - August 2020
Bell Medical Supply - Captain of 61’ Viking Medicine Man
- Captain of a 61’ Viking, 39’ Nortech and 20’ Superboat for the owner.
- Traveled extensively throughout the Bahamas on the 61’ Viking.
August 2006 - Present
Camillo Marine Specialist - Diesel Technician
- Per diem work for Camilo Marine Specialist
- Oil changes, fuel filter systems and AirSeps
- Engine and Transmissions removal and replacement
November 1992 Sea School - 50 Ton Mate Near Coastal Merchant Marine Document
November 2002 100 Ton Master Near Coastal Merchant Marine Document
September 2016 100 Ton Renewed In Good Standing #USA000414481
April 2020 Navtech USSA Surveyors Association- Master Marine Surveyor #MMS5420N
*Utilize InspectX Report System approved by all banks and insurance companies.
This is the most comprehensive type of inspection, and is strongly advised when purchasing a new or used vessel. General condition and overall operation of the vessel should be examined. This covers structural integrity, electrical systems, the propulsion system, the fuel system, other machinery, navigation equipment, miscellaneous on-board systems, cosmetic appearance, electronics, and overall maintenance as well as an out-of-water inspection and a sea trial. This is the most comprehensive type of inspection, and is strongly advised when purchasing a new or used vessel. General condition and overall operation of the vessel should be examined. This covers structural integrity, electrical systems, the propulsion system, the fuel system, other machinery, navigation equipment, miscellaneous on-board systems, cosmetic appearance, electronics, and overall maintenance as well as an out-of-water inspection and a sea trial.
This inspection is performed so that the insurance company can determine whether or not the vessel is an acceptable risk. Carriers are interested in structural integrity and safety of boat for intended use. Most insurance companies require a survey on older boats. They will also want to know the vessel's fair market value.
This inspection is performed to gather enough information to justify or determine the fair market value of the vessel. This is normally needed for financing, estate settlements, donations and legal cases.
The surveyor can be retained by an insurance company to determine the cause of a loss and determine the extent of loss related damage and may be asked to recommend repairs, review estimates, and determine the pre-loss value of a vessel. A vessel owner can retain a surveyor for the same purposes, but for the owner's behalf.